Dancing Dancing Dancing

Blog about dancing realted stuff.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Poser, an evil tool for Character animation?

Thoughtout my reserach on finding the most time efficent way of creating a 3D Mongolian dancer for animation, I stumbled across a lot of Poser sites. I used Poser before. In fact I started playing with it on and offer since the first version. It's really amazing how Poser 5 really the current status, capable of creating stunning 3D human figure.

Yet, during the process of trying to figure out the best way to import Poser model into 3DStudioMax, I found out that majority of the 3D Studio Max realted forum curse Poser as an evil tool, a dirty word, a tool only for 3D animation-designer-wanna-be.

I personally think that Poser is never meant to be the end of 3D animation, that you simply cannot do anything more than a very nice pose of a human, but it's never the less a very good learning tool, and save me time from starting from scratch.

In addition, there is a big advantage to my project using Poser:There are a lot of pretty look Asian model for Poser.
The among of Asian modeDuringl for Poser is fantastic thanks to a lot of Poser fan in Japan who are willing to share their hardwork to the English speaking world. They are the heroes :-D . Here's some of the site that I probably will use for my project:

- www.eurus.dti.ne.jp/~masasi/Service/indexE.html
- digitalbabes2.com/~yamato/CostumeFesta.html
- www.juno.dti.ne.jp/~yamato-k/Penthousecollection.html

Of course, I need to keep reminding myself not drilling too much into Poser. It's just a short-cut modeling tool to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home